Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm on a roll!

I believe this will be the last update this evening! :) The thunder clouds are rolling in and we are expecting a wash out for the entire day tomorrow so I made a frantic run outside with my camera to photograph these two pieces that I have been working on today.
The first is a set of cream colored glass beads, that feel to me to be etched. They are really smooth! They have goldeny swirls of painted desings and black dots. Nothing raised, these are soft THICK lentil beads. I used Crystal Golden Shadow and Jet Swarovski Crystals and stacked twist spacers with charms near the lobster claw clasp.

The second piece is a gorgeous glass curved bead made by Melissa Rediger, (*sigh*) I love these necklaces. It is a deep, DEEP dark brown color with swirls of metallic blues mixed in. I have accented it with Indian Sapphire, Aquamarine and Dark Sapphire Swarovski Crystals, Pewter Scroll Circle beads and stacked heishi spacers. It is anchored in the center of the 19" Sterling Wire, and features matching crystals up the sides giving it that "floating necklace" appearance.

My Sterling wire necklaces are very popular, and I do a ton of them with Melissa's Curved beads. They are such a heavy and unique piece of glass and each one is worth the cost! They are definately a treasured work of art in themselves!
I'll be beading all day tomorrow, as long as the kids will allow me to have some time alone! So check back for more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!