Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A little EXAGGERATION can make you a wee bit crazy!

Why do people, and I specifically mean older people, feel the need to over exaggerate everything?
I just got a call from my MIL, who loves to make a big deal about the weather. I guess when you watch the news all day it's par for the course. Anyway, she called to say that tomorrow we'll be "getting snow... from CT all the way up to Maine!" She made it sound like I should be on the lookout for school closings and take the kids snow boots out and have them by the back door. Grab the shovel and keep it handy! Good thing the leaves are getting done tonight by my hard working hubby, because according to her there wont be any sight of the grass until spring!
Now, I watch the weather at least once a day, and this is the first I've heard of said snowy forecast and maybe she has an inside look at something that the rest of us here in CT are not privy to. Here's the forecast that I found when checking up on this new information:
 THURSDAY: A few passing rain showers. Highs only in the upper 40s to around 50. Rain over to a little snow at night.
Ahem...I rest my case.

On the jewelry front, at the request of one of my customers, I came up with some pretty nice gifts for her children's teachers for the holiday's. Now is the perfect time to be thinking about that kind of thing, and then you can just put them away and be ready for when the time comes! I have to take a photo of them, but alas, the battery in my camera was dead as a door nail when I went to take it out today. So it's been charging and I'll take them tomorrow to share with you.
So long as we are not in the middle of a BLIZZARD!!! ;)
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. hope the weather stays nice for you...my mom does that too, everything is magnified to its last stage when told by her too...

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!