Monday, August 31, 2009

My bad...

I haven't posted in a few days. That's terrible. It's been a heck of a week/weekend! School officially started last Thursday, and this has been one of the busiest, yet productive few days I have spent in a long while. Here's the rundown, if you are interested... (well of course you are interested, that's why you're here, right?) :)
Let's take it back to last Monday. Meghan decided that she didn't feel well at around 4pm. Headache, sore throat, no appetite, fever. Ugh, my heart went into my feet. If you're a mom, you know those signs, right? Strep throat. So I waited until Tuesday to call the doctor, because they make you wait 24 hours anyway to do a culture. So in we went late afternoon, and sure enough it was nothing but a summer virus. She was advised to drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest. *sigh*
You'd think I spoke a foreign language here... I told her that too, but I guess she needed me to pay for the advice because she listened to the doctor!! Slept all day on Wednesday, and felt much better come Thursday morning. She was all bright eyed and bushy tailed for her first day of school! Great! I thought, that ended well.
Thursday and Friday at school went awesome. No tears, no problems. Got two kids off to their respective schools and back home no worse for the wear. It was a nice end to the week.
Clay and I had big plans for the weekend, so despite me only getting two hours of sleep Friday night, we got up bright and early Saturday morning and started the "move". Last year Clay made Meghan a bed that was suspended from her ceiling, so that she would have more room in her tiny bedroom (she gave up the bigger bedroom for the boys to share, willingly... so I wanted to do something cool for her new smaller room). Needless to say, she outgrew the bed. Started hitting her head on the ceiling when she sat up (how, I ask you? No idea, she's not a giant! But whatever!) So we took the bed down and gave her back her beautiful wood Pineapple bed and moved the hanging bed into the boys room. It now belongs to Jack and he is THRILLED beyond belief!
So getting back to the two hours of youngest son decided to come to bed with us at around 2am. He's a sprawler. By 4am I had completely lost my side of the bed, and was so uncomfortable that I came down for a cold drink and to sleep in the recliner. Well, the cold drink didn't happen. The refrigerator (yes the new one), was warm. Uh-oh. I turned up the coldness on it and went to sleep. When I woke up at 6am, I checked on it and it was warmer than it was two hours earlier. I thought, you have GOT to be freakin' kidding me with this! So in the midst of all the moving things around on Saturday, we also had to defrost the refrigerator for the second time in 10 days, and I lost a whole bunch of stuff again. BIG FAT BUMMER! I still have not gone grocery shopping, and we have a technician coming out Thursday to look at it. Clay got it running far, so good!
Anyway, the beds were moved, the desks moved, the rooms cleaned the house cleaned, the laundry done...ALL OF IT. That never happens. We were leaving for haircuts at 4:30pm and Jack says "I don't feel good, I have a headache and a sore throat". Oh NO! He caught the virus too. Thank goodness he had all of Saturday night and Sunday to recover, and he went to school today no problems. I'm just waiting...for my turn...and I'll get it probably Friday night because I have a wedding to do on Saturday. Think positive, think positive.
Today was a good day, I even washed my whole bed...all the bedding, everything! I went upstairs to remake the bed and found that my youngest blessing had been laying on the bed playing a video game and had left me a lovely present...yep, that's right. He peed on my bed. ARGH! I can't win. So thank goodness that I had already washed everything but the mattress pad cover (it's in the dryer as we speak) and while I waited I made some pretty jewels!! YAY!
That's what you were waiting to hear right! That I made jewelry!!
Photo's to come tomorrow. It's supposed to be a beautiful day!
I wonder what trouble will present itself tomorrow. *AHEM* Think positive, think positive!


  1. Oh my gosh - it sounds like you live at my house! I thought I was the only one this year to blog about a kid pee story :-) Sorry you had to go through it, but eventually you just have to laugh, right?


Comments welcome!