Monday, July 6, 2009

They're new and they're blue!

I have been drawn to the blues lately. I don't know what it is! I am normally a green and brown girl, but lately I'm all over the blue beads. Here are a couple of examples. I made these Sunday evening as the kids were settling into bed (for the 6th time). Last minute fireworks were flying in the neighborhoods nearby, so the noise kept them running for the windows to try to catch a glimpse of the beautiful, colorful lights in the night sky.
These are beads that I've had in my "Secret Stash" for a bit. I just loved them when I saw them, and I said...nope I'm not sharing. But due to the fact that I've now ordered myself a SECOND "secret stash" box, I think it's time to share the wealth. I decided that I have several brown/blue bracelets in my personal collection, and so I am presenting "Very Vintage" to you. That is the name that Melissa gave to these beads when she made them and I think it fits. Each and every bead is different. I was going to try to make matching earrings, but no two were alike. So all of the remaining beads went into beautiful dangling charms near the Bali Toggle clasp.
Will be listed tonight.

"Mermaid Cove" is a necklace made with Sterling Silver wire. There is a beautiful square focal bead made by Iris that I've finally been able to do justice to. The colors and depth are amazing! Lots of blues and greens all swirled together. I've accented it with Olivine and Montana Swarovski crystals, which along with the shiny Bali silver spacers, are also randomly anchored up the sides of the necklace. Bali toggle as well. Listing tonight on Etsy.

Stay tuned for more to come tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Blue is always my favorite. I have to force myself not to use blue all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen,
    First- congrats, you won my extra copy of Bead Trends! Just drop me a note with your snail mail address.

    Second- those "secret stash" beads are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty designs! You do blue good too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!