Friday, January 16, 2009

Hearts and Chocolate!

The thermometer says -6 degrees this morning so I was FREEZING outside taking these pictures! I think they are slightly blurry because I was shivering! Sorry about that! Nothing beats natural lighting to showcase the glass colors but I may have to find another way soon! :)

For some reason my white picture plate has gone missing, probably buried up in my office right now. So I had to use this pretty gold one to photograph these pieces. If you look closely, you will see that yes, there is snow under the plate! I thought it might make the underneath look whiter, but it just made the plate colder! Valentines Day is rapidly approaching and I have a lot of new things that I am making for that special day! These two pieces are headed off to Sandy Hook to The Wishing Well on Monday but I thought I would share them with you.

The first is called Chocolate Covered Cherries. Features fabulous lampwork glass beads made by Jenelle of SFD, I just love her beads! The colors are always so pretty to work with! I have added Hill Tribe Flowers, and Swarovski Crystals in Smoked Topaz and Rose. Made little charms that hang out of the flowers and a matching earring pair!

Next is a glass heart bead that I could not pass up. I bought this from someone on Etsy who was cleaning out some of her bead stash and I snatched it up because I couldn't resist the beauty of it. I designed this necklace three different times. The first two times I was not happy with how it looked. It took away from the focus, which is the heart bead, and so I went digging in my supplies for something more simple. I found it!! Gorgeous green potato pearls, separated by Olivine Swarovski Crystals and silver spacers and earrings to match. PERFECT! Still trying to name this one, any suggestions?

I hope you like them! I have been re inspired by all of this new glass that I am getting in so look out! Much more to come! I started another project last night but had to leave it to take Meg to gymnastics and then it was too late to continue it when I got back. I'll try to work on that one today. I'll give you a hint, it has more of Jenelle's beads in it! :) Check back tomorrow, and maybe it wont be so cold outside (doubt it), and maybe I'll find my white plate (double doubt it!). :)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Kristen! I also love the picture of your little guy asleep at the computer. How precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What absolutely stunning jewelry! You make those lampwork beads SING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies! I appreciate you checking them out and for now following me! :) We'll be talking to you!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!