Monday, March 30, 2009

Follow the SILVER lined road...

Well the Gem Show yesterday was AWESOME! I am grinning from ear to ear this morning just like the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. We walked into the ballroom and the silver vendor was the first table to the right. And I thought, Excellent! After I breathed a sigh of relief that they were there, I decided to walk around a bit to see what else everyone had. There were some beautiful things. Lovely Gemstones, in rows by color, racks full of Swarovski Crystals and there were also a couple of Lampwork artists there. I am so addicted to glass, as you know, so of course I had to stop by and make a couple of purchases there. And then I decided that I could not stand it a minute longer and I went over and grabbed my bucket and started handpicking all of the beautiful silver findings you see below! I hand selected each toggle, so that I could make sure it was secure. I checked each strand of silver to make sure there were no broken parts and that it was a full strand. I asked the very nice lady to weigh my stash periodically so I knew how much damage I was actually doing! ha ha It can get very overwhelming after a while. But I did great, got a great discount and then took my beautiful findings out to lunch! It was a great day, and I'm so so so happy that I finally have more of my favorite silver materials to add to my designs. I'll be making some more things this week so I hope you'll stop by to check them out! :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Sounds like a great day. It's good you took them out to lunch too. That means they will probably help inspire you to come up with even more drop dead gorgeous designs :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!