Monday, April 28, 2008

Rain rain go away!

I must have been a cat in a former life or something, because the best thing to do on a rainy day is curl up in a ball and take a good nap, which is exactly what I did today! (With my cats next to me of course! That's my Mimi in the picture above!) Boy, did I need it! But all the while I was dreaming up new designs in my head, I'll have to get to work on them before I forget.

The weather is certainly not cooperating today, but I have been a busy bee creating all sorts of new things, preparing for the Brass City Harvest this weekend. A little dash of this, a little pinch of that... If the weather is dry tomorrow, I'll get outside to get some pictures!

I am struggling with my photographs lately. Oh, how I need a lightbox! I depend on the sun to capture the beauty of the colors in the glass beads that I incorporate in my designs, but the only place that I have great sunlight around my house is on my deck... where the kids have their TWO sandboxes and my husband has the grill. I have been using the top of the sandbox as my backdrop as of late, and sometimes I like it while other times I don't. I try to make the pictures interesting (that's the photographer in me), but I know better. I need to keep it simple, so I'll be working on a new backdrop soon.

Hope you are all staying dry! I'm going back to my nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!