Saturday, February 7, 2009

Practice makes perfect!

I did it! I made the piece I wanted to after being inspired by the new Wire Jewelry Magazine! I sat for three hours and wrapped wire into these beautiful links which I connected to make a chain for this necklace. The glass beads are Catherine Ondrey's and are one of my favorite colors! I used some Bali Spacers and a really cool Bali clasp! I love it! I'll definitely make more of these, as soon as my fingers stop hurting... wire wrapping is painful sometimes! :) So what do you think?

I do have to apologize for the pictures. I'm not myself lately. The cold makes me shiver, but the sun is the best light for Boro beads. I think my pictures are a tad blurry! And the shadows really aggravate me too, but I can only work with what I've got for now! Spring will be here before I know it and my pictures will improve, I promise! Ok, next up is a really pretty bracelet made with a set of beads that I purchased from Deb Rosely. When I bought them, my intention was to string them together as I saw them for sale. I just loved the colors together, and I decided that I wanted to see what happened when I just let the glass work it's magic! I added Bali Silver cones and a toggle and also some Hill Tribe Silver curved beads. The Swarovski Crystals are in a Vintage Rose, and Crystal AB color. I think it turned out great! Finally, Gorgeous beads made by Jenelle of SFD! I love these beads! I used my favorite big pewter balls and Swarovski Crystals in Smoked Topaz, Copper, and Jonquil and finished it with a hammered toggle clasp! Love, love, love it!
I've had a few hours of quiet today, but it's quickly coming to an end! I'll be making more jewelry tomorrow and hopefully getting these bracelets listed on Etsy! I hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. These are all gorgeous Kristen! And what an awesome wire wrapping fiend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful eye candy--all of them. Love the cherry boro bracelet--your design shows them off to perfection!
    >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice wire work Kristen. That's what I've been doing lately. I have a lot more I plan to do with wire!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!