Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's all about business...

I made an executive decision to close my 1000 Markets Shop last week. I tried it out as a way to see if I would get more traffic by "spreading the wealth around" so to speak. I was wrong. It was a ton of work, and hard to keep track of what was where and I had no sales. Not 1. Not even any leads. Nothing. Kinda depressing isn't it?
So I moved all my beautiful jewels back to Etsy and they all have been viewed many times! No sales yet, but lots of lookers! That's a bonus, and it can't hurt. So I guess until I get my own website set up, Etsy it will be!
I've also been working on trying to get my books in order. There's got to be an easier way! I am very organized...so organized in fact that sometimes I sicken myself! LOL! I was trying out Quickbooks to see if I liked it. A friend lent me a disk so I could see how it works, but I only had a limited number of "tries" before it wouldn't work again. I think I like it, even though it's confusing at first. But like anything else you get used to it over time right? So I was getting down to the last couple of tries I had available and yesterday I got an email from Staples that Quickbooks was on sale...for ONE.DAY.ONLY. It must have been fate! So I purchased my own copy and now I have to take a little time to set it all up and get my stuff in order. I think it will make my life easier in the long run but man do I have a lot of work to do.
I'm gearing up for a craft show at the end of October as well so I hope to have some new things to show you shortly!
Hope you have a great day, as for me... I'm hittin' the "Books"! :) Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about closing your shop, but it will probably be easier to just have one shop to manage now. I have to admit, I started Etsy a few months ago and have had zero luck. Lots of looky-loos, but only 2 sales (and those were from a friend who felt sorry for me LOL) I think the economy is still affecting people in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only two 1000 markets purchases came from people who saw the items on my blog and went there to purchase them so I feel your pain :) I'm participating in a free shipping promotion that they're running with Amazon this month so maybe that will get my shop some more traffic but I'm not holding my breath. Good luck with having it all in one place!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!