Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Happy"...my new theme song!

The weather in CT has been rainy for the past couple of days. It's really dreary, and it makes me so sad. I know we are behind on our rainfall totals for the year and that the rain is needed, however, I just can't deal with so many days in a row with rain in the forecast. I guess I'll never live in Seattle, right?
I've been trying to put things into perspective here. There's a lot going on, I'm feeling overwhelmed and under appreciated and it seems as though every time I turn around I'm getting attitude from people. I am just getting tired of the nastiness out there. Can't people just be nice? How difficult is it?
I've found a new song that I've been listening to called "Happy", sung by Natasha Bedingfield. It's so fitting a song for me right now. I'm all over it! I'm recommending that everyone listen to it. It definitely makes me happy. The jist of it is that whatever you've got going on in your life could just be a temporary set back but the stable things in your life, and the things that we take for granted, are always there for us.
Here are the words to the Chorus of the song and I've been singing them to myself over and over again, and the smile is returning to my face:
Got my dreams, got my life, got my love. Got my friends, got the sunshine above.
Why am I making this hard on myself when there's so many beautiful reasons I have to be happy?

In the spirit of being happy, I have created this necklace. The picture stinks, I admit it. The lack of sunshine is a big fat bummer. So, before I list it up for sale on Etsy or 1000 Markets, a better photo is in order. But I thought I would share it for today and worry about the picture later.
A Chinook Ceramic focal with a beautiful dragonfly on it. I made it a pendant with some great Bali Beads and Swarovski Crystals in all my favorite greens (Chrysolite, Erinite, and Canteloupe). Then I added some pewter dragonfly charms and gave them green tails and used silver seed beads to attach them to the necklace.
Happy.
I love this necklace and because I smile every time I look at it, I think that it's going to bring some happiness your way too.
Enjoy and I'll be back tomorrow with more!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, love what you did with the pendant!! Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely necklace!! I finally had a chance to blog your sand dollar pieces today, LOVE your work! ps beads on the way ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is delightful--definitely says happy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!