Monday, October 27, 2008

A gift for Aunt Karen

Here's the necklace I was telling you about yesterday, I finished it last night. It features Carey's disks in purple and green and matching seed beads which I have woven throughout this design to make this delicate lightweight piece. My Aunt Karen is the woman I spoke about in earlier posts, who I dedicated my breast cancer awareness pieces to this year. She is struggling with her treatment lately and I've been asked by my mom to make her a lightweight piece to lift her spirits. Her favorite colors are purple and green (just like me!) and so I thought this would fit the bill perfectly. I am going to make more of these, as they are so fun and easy to wear, plus I have a mountain of Carey's disks (they are my favorite) to work with in great colors! Stay tuned for more of these to come!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Kristen! I love this necklace, and purple and green are my favorites too. Actually, watermelon tourmaline is my favorite gemstone, with moonstone being my second. I did some earrings this weekend with disc beads myself. Can't wait to see more new stuff from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE it Kristen! It is perfect! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!! I appreciate you checking in! Makes me feel like posting is worthwhile! I promise to do it more often, I'm feeling inspired!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome!