Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A dainty little piece for my dainty little niece!

A few years ago, I had some large holed lampwork glass beads specially designed for the "little" girls in my life. They incorporated their favorite colors - Orange for Meg and Pink for Kailin. Keira was only an infant at the time, but she has one too...after all she is one of the girls! They wear these beads on special occassions on their silver chains and they all love them! Now that Keira is almost 4 years old she is able to enjoy hers as much as the big kids! 

Kailin is making her 1st Communion this Sunday. I made her a beautiful white Crystal and Cat's eye bracelet with a Celtic Cross charm hanging from it. She will wear it with her dress, that she is borrowing from my daughter. Another thing we can pass down from oldest to youngest! So I wanted to make Kai a special gift to go with her necklace bead. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and here are the results. I made this dainty little piece for my dainty little niece:
I hope she loves it! 
I also redesigned a good friends bracelet that she bought from me a couple of years ago. She makes me laugh, because she likes to try different styles but she LOVES these beads. I can't really blame her, they are gorgeous! So I redesign it for her from time to time. I hope she likes what I did this time! 
And... guess what else I did tonight???? I made a RING! Oh yeah, it's been a while since I have made rings only because there are certain beads I like to use and I didn't think I had any... so I went digging in my secret stash and found a few! Photo's of the one I made will follow tomorrow, because it got dark by the time I finished it! Something to look forward to, right? Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!