Monday, November 5, 2007

News




Well, the Craft Fair this past weekend was a total bust. I don't want to insult anyone, so all I will say is that I do appreciate everyone's compliments on how lovely everything was. I wish that more people were there to shop, rather than just browse. I encourage people to touch, feel and try on my pieces, but that clearly was not happening at this fair. I always tell my kids to "Look with your eyes, not with your hands"... I wish I could have said the opposite to everyone this weekend. But it was a good experience none the less. Now I know what to expect from a craft fair, it's actually not what I thought. It was more like a flea market than a craft fair. People looking for bargains, and definately not looking for jewelry! At least not my jewelry.
I make beautiful one of a kind jewelry with artisan crafted glass beads and quality silver and Swarovski Crystal. It's made for people who can appreciate wearing a finely handcrafted work of art. That being said, I am proud of my display, as you can see from the pictures, and it was nice to see people that I run into at the school and put names with the faces. I have two shows coming up in the next two weekends so that will keep me busy. I am also going to be hosting an open house at the end of the month here at my home so that the people that expressed an interest in my work that could not make it to the fair can come and do some holiday shopping. Stay tuned for more information coming on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!